Storybook Sunday

 
I have mixed feelings right now.  It's the end of our summer break :( But, I get to meet my new class for the first time tomorrow :)
I'm linking up with Paula from Paula's Place for Storybook Saturday Sunday.  The book I want to share this week is Dear Teacher. 
 
Dear Teacher
 
This humorous back-to-school book begins with a letter to a student from his new principal welcoming him back to school.  In the letter he states all of the challenging work he will do throughout the year. Following is a series of notes to his new teacher from the highly imaginative Michael, explaining the reasons for his lateness and subsequent absence; “The head of the secret service turned up…I did mention the math test, but he said the future of the country depends on me.”
 
 Readers follow Michael on the hunt for a missing explorer from the top of Mount Everest through the Egyptian pyramids and the Amazon, by way of a rather sinister pirate ship. Michael ends up not returning to school at all, but instead finds himself on another mission of epic proportions.
 
Or does he?
 
I got my copy from Book Depository.  Click here for the link to purchase this book.
 
Halle from Across the Hall in 2nd Grade has created a pack which you can get from TpT here to accommodate the book or any letter unit. 
 
For those of you (including myself) who are starting back tomorrow, have a great first day back.
 
 
 

6 comments:

  1. I haven't seen this book - it looks great. Thanks for linking up
    Paula from Paula’s Place and iSURF Maths

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the best for your first day!! Can't wait to hear how it goes :)
    We don't start til next week - but then it will be all on!! Not sure why New Zealand starts later than Australia? Maybe you finish before us...

    Erin
    Learning to be awesome

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute blog! Following you...
    Sherry Clements
    https://www.facebook.com/drclementskindergarten
    http://drclementskindergarten.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know you are not necessarily a NEW blogger, but I found your blog through a TpT blog thread and I think you are just wonderful. I am nominating you for a Liebster award! If you want to accept the nomination, just jump over to my blog for the rules! I am your newest follower and am looking forward to reading more of your posts!

    Ellen

    http://mrsbriggsclass.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Ellen - going to check it out now!

      Delete




Powered by Blogger.

Grab My Button

Followers

Search This Blog